Hip Hop and Rap Music

Post, suggest and talk about some of your favorite movies and music. Discuss the different cultural impacts in this area.
ricky1874
Level 2 Member
Level 2 Member
Zodiac: Virgo
United States of America

Hip Hop and Rap Music

Postby ricky1874 » Fri Nov 23, 2018 11:22 pm

I'm from America and Hip Hop/Rap music is really popular over here. I was just wondering how popular it was in other parts of the world. So, is Hip Hop/Rap music popular in your country?

"100 Countries Before I Die..."

mildredtabitha
Level 1 Member
Level 1 Member
Kenya

Re: Hip Hop and Rap Music

Postby mildredtabitha » Sat Apr 10, 2021 7:32 am

ricky1874 wrote:I'm from America and Hip Hop/Rap music is really popular over here. I was just wondering how popular it was in other parts of the world. So, is Hip Hop/Rap music popular in your country?

Hip hop has really become popular.I live in east africa and a lot of people also enjoy the music.

justin
Level 3 Member
Level 3 Member
Nepal

Postby justin » Tue May 25, 2021 11:00 pm

I am not a fan of Hip Hop and Rap. I do not like the Hip Hop culture, however, I do listen to rap music, especially Eminem. I like country songs.

I do not know much about Hip Hop but I think rap music has interesting lyrics, it is a protest against inequality in society.

dottie
Level 2 Member
Level 2 Member
Philippines

Postby dottie » Wed May 26, 2021 2:07 am

Rap and hip-hop only became popular after Nelly became famous after releasing "Country Grammar". Before that, radio stations always played pop songs. After Nelly became famous, rap and hip-hop are now widely popular genres over here.

Return to “Movies & Music”