Why you decided to leave your home country and live abroad?

ricky1874
Level 2 Member
Level 2 Member
Zodiac: Virgo
United States of America

Why you decided to leave your home country and live abroad?

Postby ricky1874 » Sun Aug 16, 2020 1:51 pm

If you have decided to leave your home country to live in another, why did you do it? Was it because of work, love, frustration etc?

"100 Countries Before I Die..."

bobby7227
United States of America

Re: Why you decided to leave your home country and live abroad?

Postby bobby7227 » Tue Aug 25, 2020 11:40 pm

I think that a lot of people decide to live abroad just as a way of trying something different. I know that for me personally, I just want to explore new places and cultures.

sammyk
Level 1 Member
Level 1 Member
United States of America

Postby sammyk » Thu Mar 04, 2021 6:04 am

Sometimes people just do it to try something new or get away from the problems in their home country. For me, I'm planning to move to the Philippines this year if everything works out. One of my biggest reasons is the cost of living. On the salary that I make now I can live a really good life style in the Philippines.

Alexandoy
Level 4 Member
Level 4 Member
Philippines

Postby Alexandoy » Thu Mar 04, 2021 9:27 pm

In 2007 my siblings and I received an approved US immigrant petition by my father (he is a US citizen). I ignored the letter but my 3 siblings availed of the privilege. They are now US citizens and have no reason to come back to our country. Well, this is how I prove that I love my country by staying and trying to enjoy what it has to offer. My siblings left for the money - good job which they have now.

Joysephine
Philippines

Postby Joysephine » Sun Mar 07, 2021 7:50 am

To work abrod finacial somtimes they get hurt just run away of problem like my frnd she decide to work abrod to save money to give beter life good future to her children and family and to forget the man hu hurt her

davemre
United States of America

Postby davemre » Thu May 06, 2021 9:56 pm

For me, if I decided to live in another country it would probably be to learn another language. I've always wanted to learn spanish so it would probably a spanish speaking country that I would want to live in.

daniel74
United States of America

Postby daniel74 » Sun Aug 08, 2021 9:48 am

I work in the tech industry and am seriously thinking about traveling abroad. For me it's about the excitement of seeing and learning about different cultures.

justin
Level 3 Member
Level 3 Member
Nepal

Postby justin » Thu Aug 19, 2021 10:06 pm

I am still living in my home country but I have plans to move to another country for working and living. I have no plans to live forever in a foreign country, but I might stay in a foreign country for 10-15 years. Instead of staying in one country for a long time, I might be frequently traveling to various countries. Actually, I am thining to try a nomadic life.

Alexandoy
Level 4 Member
Level 4 Member
Philippines

Postby Alexandoy » Tue Aug 24, 2021 3:25 am

justin wrote:I am still living in my home country but I have plans to move to another country for working and living. I have no plans to live forever in a foreign country, but I might stay in a foreign country for 10-15 years. Instead of staying in one country for a long time, I might be frequently traveling to various countries. Actually, I am thining to try a nomadic life.

I have many cousins in the US and that is their common reason - to work for 10 years or maybe 20 years then will come back to the Philippines to stay for good. But I have not seen any of them doing that. Now my 3 siblings are in the US and it looks like they would not come home anymore.

Return to “General Questions”