Which country has the worst food?

Give reviews and locations of different restaurants and the foods and drinks from around the world. Also share recipes or cooking and brewing techniques of different foods, wine, beer etc.
Stephenkt
United States of America

Which country has the worst food?

Postby Stephenkt » Thu Nov 03, 2016 11:46 pm

Piri piri chicken from Africa.

Piri-piri chicken is a spicy dish with roots in both Africa and Portugal. The dish was created in Angola and Mozambique when Portuguese settlers arrived with chile peppers
Attachments
inline-piri-piri-chicken_courtesy-of-helen-graves.jpg
InSign Up
Search
RECIPES & MENUS EXPERT ADVICE INGREDIENTS HOLIDAYS & EVENTS COMMUNITY VIDEO THANKSGIVING
PIRI-PIRI CHICKEN
inline-piri-piri-chicken_courtesy-of-helen-graves.jpg (41.22 KiB) Viewed 3522 times

Alexandoy
Level 4 Member
Level 4 Member
Philippines

Re: Which country has the worst food?

Postby Alexandoy » Wed Feb 01, 2017 10:34 pm

In the northern part of the Philippines called Ilocos Region, they have a delicacy called Pinikpikan. It is a chicken dish that is good eaten on occasions only. The live chicken is hit by a stick in all the parts of the body until the chicken is bruised and becomes black and blue. The hitting continues until the chicken dies. Do you have the stomach to eat the blackish flesh of that chicken?

pwarbi
Great Britain

Postby pwarbi » Fri Mar 17, 2017 2:16 pm

I actually quite like Piri Piri Chicken but then I guess there's no accounting for taste. Where I am from in the North West of England, round here we have a local food known as black pudding. Black pudding is actually made up of Oatmeal, Onions, Pork fat and clotted blood, usually from a pig. It then gets fried and served but as you can imagine it's not to everyone's tastes!

I actually quite like it but I can see why some people pull their faces when they ask what it actually is, no matter if they like the taste of it or not. I guess pigs blood is an acquired taste! The worst food I have eaten though was when I went to Bulgaria on a business trip for a couple of days. I must have tried nearly everything on the menu and not found one thing that I actually enjoyed eating, and I don't know if that's the norm over there or it was just in that one hotel but I won't be rushing back. Beautiful country, friendly people...but horrible food!

peterdavid12
United States of America

Postby peterdavid12 » Fri Apr 07, 2017 8:55 am

Where I grew up at....in the southern parts of the USA, a lot of people ate rabbit stew. I use to eat it when I was younger but as I got older and realize what it was I started to dislike it. Now as I look back on those days, it's hard to believe that I actually ate cute little bunny rabbits lol.
Attachments
rabbitstew.png
rabbitstew.png (98.62 KiB) Viewed 3479 times

countryman12
United States of America

Postby countryman12 » Tue May 15, 2018 5:28 am

peterdavid12 wrote:Where I grew up at....in the southern parts of the USA, a lot of people ate rabbit stew. I use to eat it when I was younger but as I got older and realize what it was I started to dislike it. Now as I look back on those days, it's hard to believe that I actually ate cute little bunny rabbits lol.

Also being from the south, I grew up eating rabbit stew. My dad would set rabbit traps in the woods to catch them. Back in those days a lot of local people would hunt wild game for food. I also ate a lot of squirrel stew growing up. Rabbit and Squirrel both taste the same to me.

Return to “Foods & Drinks”