Best foods of your country

Give reviews and locations of different restaurants and the foods and drinks from around the world. Also share recipes or cooking and brewing techniques of different foods, wine, beer etc.
KloeRinz
Philippines

Re: Best foods of your country

Postby KloeRinz » Sun Sep 10, 2017 9:49 am

Kare-kare for me. With bagoong, it has that nice taste. Overall, it is pretty mild and salty.

BMT1014
Philippines

Postby BMT1014 » Fri Sep 22, 2017 10:58 am

Pork and chicken adobo are the best food in my country. I can eat this every day and it is also my comfort food.

Rmariz
Philippines

Postby Rmariz » Sun Sep 24, 2017 12:38 am

I'm from the Philippines and aside from our 7,000 islands and a colorful history, Our country has some delicious dishes of its own.

We are blessed with an abundance of seafood, tropical fruits and creative cooks, topping the list is the mind-boggling balut (duck embryo). :D

Here are my Top dish in our country that I recommend you try when you visit my country!

1.)Adobo -No list of Filipino food would be complete without adobo.
2.)Lechon - The lechon is the most invited party guest in the Philippines.The entire pig is spit-roasted over coals, with the crisp, golden-brown skin served with liver sauce, the most coveted part.
3.)Sisig I'm from the culinary capital of the Philippines which is Pampanga, We turn the pork's cheeks, head and liver into a sizzling dish called Sisig, The crunchy and chewy texture of this appetizer is a perfect match for a cold beer.

Happy eating!
Xoxo
Rmariz

Krisleen
Philippines

Postby Krisleen » Sun Sep 24, 2017 12:56 am

Hi! I'm also from Philippines. Street foods are very popular here aside from the foods that my fellow Filipinos have mentioned. They are some of the best foods here. I attached some pictures of them. Grilled foods are some of the popular street foods here such as barbecue, hotdog, chicken and pork intestines (known as isaw), grilled squid, and chicken feet. Another popular street food here is green mango topped with shrimp paste. We also have a sweet and icy street food called scramble (the one in pink plastic cup). It's a snack, topped with powdered milk, chocolate syrup and marshmallows. Lastly, we have a healthy street food called taho (the one in the glass). It is made of tofu topped with syrup and our so called sago (the one you see in pearl shakes). These foods are good to try for a snack.
Attachments
hqdefault.jpg
Cramble and Taho
hqdefault.jpg (95.16 KiB) Viewed 5979 times
filipino-street-food-manila-philippines-43-X3.jpg
Green Mango
filipino-street-food-manila-philippines-43-X3.jpg (50.65 KiB) Viewed 5979 times
314291455f6d683176074a6212e6b438.jpg
Grilled Foods
314291455f6d683176074a6212e6b438.jpg (75.8 KiB) Viewed 5979 times

refrigeratorrr
Philippines

Postby refrigeratorrr » Sun Sep 24, 2017 1:19 am

The best food in my country is adobo. Well, any body just love that and it is just so yummy, my mother loves to cook that and for me it is the best and I recommend that to any one because this is just the best food in Philippines.

blank629
Philippines

Postby blank629 » Sun Sep 24, 2017 1:25 am

The best food for me in our country is adobo. I like to eat it that I am not satisfied if I don't take seconds or thirds. But most of the time, when someone in other country comes for a visit in our country, they always offer "balot". I guaranteed that this food is also delicious.

951temec
Yemen

Postby 951temec » Sun Sep 24, 2017 1:26 am

The best food in my country has to be BBQ ribs, slow cooked and smooked is amazing. flavor profile, texture and the dryness of the greasy meat makes it an amazing meal. the sides typically served are amazing too

Dzannerz
Philippines

Postby Dzannerz » Sun Sep 24, 2017 2:14 am

Well there's so many delicious that my country can offer but if there's one thing that I would suggest, that would be Chicken Sisig. Its very delicious and very common in my country which is philippines. So every one you must taste it, that's one of our best food.

mlrt
Philippines

Postby mlrt » Sun Sep 24, 2017 2:46 am

sammyk wrote:My favorite Filipino food is adobo.

Me too. The best Philippines food is ADOBO. It's easy to do and doesn't need many preparations. Meat, pepper, garlic and "toyo" are just the ingredients. Mix it all then place on the stove and let it cook until tender. Serve it as breakfast, lunch or dinner and you'll be wowed by the taste and easiness in preparing the dish. Try it and have a blast! :)

Herc
Philippines

Postby Herc » Sun Sep 24, 2017 6:59 am

I am from Philippines and my country is the one of the well known in terms of different variety and delicious food.The best food in my country are first the Adobo. Adobo in Philippines has many variety and have different way of cooking and ingredients used based on the place that the adobo made of. For example in Bikol, Bikol Adobo it composed of Gata (coconut milk),Sili (Chili where bikol is popular) and Chicken,or meat pork or fish and called it Adobo sa Gata ..Uhmm Delicious :D ..Number is 2 is Lechon,Lechon in Cebu is one of the tastiest ,crunchiest and delicious lechon. With this they also a Lechon festival. 3.) Some delicacies that cooked in Classic and modern way. And many more.

If you want to taste all the best food in my country and visit Philippines. Thanks

Return to “Foods & Drinks”