Moving to the US?

Talk, comment or ask any question about things not covered in any of the topics below.
Casiox

Moving to the US?

Postby Casiox » Fri Mar 10, 2017 4:42 am

Well, I have been considering the idea of movint to the U.S since my country (Venezuela) is actually passing through a rough situation when it comes to food and that sort of thing, therefore I was kinda thinking about moving to US as an option for me and my family, of course I will move solo, but I would like to get a job and send my family some money as I build my own stuff.
What do you recommend me?
I am an Electrical Engineering student.
I do manage to speak proper English.

17emilyhalko

Re: Moving to the US?

Postby 17emilyhalko » Fri Mar 10, 2017 4:54 am

Sure, the United States is full of opportunities, but honestly the process to legally immigrate here has become a lot tougher due to terrorists, and the process of assimilating can be tough sometimes. It is not cheap to live everywhere in the United States, but it might benefit you to live here. If you decide to immigrate here or live here a broad, be prepared to go through a PROCESS.
If you rent an apartment in a state that is less costly to live in and find a decent job, I can't see that you would have much problem helping out your family. If you are an Electrical Engineering student, then you should pursue your studies and get a degree or certification for that while working a part-time job, and then when you get your degree or certification, you can find a better job. Minimum-wage jobs in the United States are horrible. Not only do they require a lot of work and effort, but you can hardly live off of the pay! The minimum-wage varies from state to state, but it is still not great. You can probably make significantly more money as an electrical engineer. I'm not completely sure that you can be able to afford to be a student and work a part-time job, and afford to send money to your family all at the same time.
Some things come cheaper in the United States, such as the fast food, but the taxes and cost of living aren't always the best. If you find decent living for very cheap, be suspicious of it. Overall, I would recommend that you go to the United States if you are prepared to work very hard to achieve what you want to achieve.

Casiox

Postby Casiox » Fri Mar 10, 2017 4:57 am

17emilyhalko wrote:Sure, the United States is full of opportunities, but honestly the process to legally immigrate here has become a lot tougher due to terrorists, and the process of assimilating can be tough sometimes. It is not cheap to live everywhere in the United States, but it might benefit you to live here. If you decide to immigrate here or live here a broad, be prepared to go through a PROCESS.
If you rent an apartment in a state that is less costly to live in and find a decent job, I can't see that you would have much problem helping out your family. If you are an Electrical Engineering student, then you should pursue your studies and get a degree or certification for that while working a part-time job, and then when you get your degree or certification, you can find a better job. Minimum-wage jobs in the United States are horrible. Not only do they require a lot of work and effort, but you can hardly live off of the pay! The minimum-wage varies from state to state, but it is still not great. You can probably make significantly more money as an electrical engineer. I'm not completely sure that you can be able to afford to be a student and work a part-time job, and afford to send money to your family all at the same time.
Some things come cheaper in the United States, such as the fast food, but the taxes and cost of living aren't always the best. If you find decent living for very cheap, be suspicious of it. Overall, I would recommend that you go to the United States if you are prepared to work very hard to achieve what you want to achieve.

Thank you for the advice, but I was thinking on waiting until I graduate in order to move there due to the process. It is not about the job because I could do pretty much anything, but getting papers is what worries me the most, I have to get my degree here and then look up for some ways to move there.

kamai

Postby kamai » Fri Mar 10, 2017 11:59 pm

I lived in the US 19 years of my life but opted to come back to Mexico because things were getting tough for undocumented people. I wasn't able to get a job anywhere. Since my plan was to have a family of my own I had to work and save up some money, which is impossible without a job. I liked the life in the US much better though, since there are more safety rules.

Dzannerz
Philippines

Postby Dzannerz » Sun Sep 24, 2017 2:11 am

Ever since I was a kid, there's just one place I want to go with and that is US. If I will have the opportunity to go and live in US I will definitely take the opportunity because as far as I know, in US there's more opportunity to be in peace and no poverty.In US there's more job and they will not let their people suffer in poverty because they help one another so moving to US? I would love the idea.

Martinsx
Level 1 Member
Level 1 Member
Nigeria

Postby Martinsx » Wed Jun 27, 2018 6:52 am

The United States of America is one of the best country one would ever want to visit and make a living, even if it's possible to start up one's new family if you are able to find love there. I have few friends living in the US, some are students just like you, while others are already established there with a business of their own and a family as well. But taxes are serious problems but it's still a good place to live in.

wallet
Romania

Postby wallet » Sat Sep 22, 2018 11:05 am

Most of the people who want to migrate think to the US. but you must know is not that easy to get there, you must have a visa or they will deport you immediately if you are caught. If you succeed to reach there you can find a job with your qualification is not hard but if you will not have a visa you will be paid less than usual.

Alexandoy
Level 4 Member
Level 4 Member
Philippines

Postby Alexandoy » Wed Apr 17, 2019 2:32 am

If you have a family that you will leave in your country then I guess that is a hindrance to your quest of a better life in the US. I tried that a long time ago and I lasted only 7 months because I terribly missed my family in spite of earning good money. I worked as computer operator in JBL, a company that makes speakers. If you can endure the sadness then go ahead.

Return to “General Questions & Comments”