Accident in a foreign country

Talk, comment or ask any question about things not covered in any of the topics below.
DR KOKIL AGARWAL
Level 1 Member
Level 1 Member
India

Accident in a foreign country

Postby DR KOKIL AGARWAL » Fri Nov 03, 2017 10:57 pm

Life is unpredictable and no one knows what will happen next. Travelling to another country calls for a great exposure to danger and increased risk probability. What if you meet with an accident while traveling in a foreign country? What will you do in such cases?

mildredtabitha
Level 1 Member
Level 1 Member
Kenya

Re: Accident in a foreign country

Postby mildredtabitha » Fri Nov 03, 2017 11:22 pm

Although I wouldn't wish for it, but incase I get an accident in a foreign country, I will immediately ask anyone for help. If I can drive myself to a near hospital, then I will ask for directions and go. There shouldn't be any worry because you can be taken to hospital by citizens in that foreign country.

You can then tell the doctors your status as a foreigner and even provide the necessary documents if requested. After all, they all want to make foreigners feel welcomed in their home country. I believe the people there won't hesitate to offer help.

xobe
Philippines

Postby xobe » Sun Nov 12, 2017 11:34 am

It's hard for everyone who travels frequently for unexpected accidents because for sure they have no idea where to find the nearest hospital that they can go for medication. We cannot avoid accidents but we can minimize the risk of it by following the rules and instructions all over the place. Alertness is the number one key to prevent accidents and make sure that you always carry at least one identification card for knowing you. Notify your family, relatives or even friends about your condition so that they could extend help to you.

Martinsx
Level 1 Member
Level 1 Member
Nigeria

Postby Martinsx » Tue Mar 20, 2018 4:54 am

DR KOKIL AGARWAL wrote:Life is unpredictable and no one knows what will happen next. Travelling to another country calls for a great exposure to danger and increased risk probability. What if you meet with an accident while traveling in a foreign country? What will you do in such cases?

One thing that I can say about accidents is that there is no way to knowing where or when it's going to happen. h***, one can have an accident being inside one's home and can potentially die from such encounter. So therefore, being in another country does not change the fact on how accidents can occur or when and where it might take place. The only important thing to do, would be trying as much as possible to handle things with caution and pray that one doesn't have a run of bad luck following one around.

Henrywrites
Nigeria

Postby Henrywrites » Tue Mar 20, 2018 7:16 pm

This is the type of scenario that I wouldn't want to have in my mind. Having an accident in a foreign land where you get few friends to be with you is really difficult. I always pray that I don't get involved in any accident for it is not a nice thing to happen to anyone.

However, as we can't predict the future, having an accident in a foreign land will mean we make a call across to the people we have in our country of origin so that your family members will look for a way to ensure they you lack nothing while recovering from the injuries.

Martinsx
Level 1 Member
Level 1 Member
Nigeria

Postby Martinsx » Wed Mar 21, 2018 4:28 am

Henrywrites wrote:This is the type of scenario that I wouldn't want to have in my mind. Having an accident in a foreign land where you get few friends to be with you is really difficult. I always pray that I don't get involved in any accident for it is not a nice thing to happen to anyone.

However, as we can't predict the future, having an accident in a foreign land will mean we make a call across to the people we have in our country of origin so that your family members will look for a way to ensure they you lack nothing while recovering from the injuries.

No one prays to be a victim of any sort of accident especially in a foreign country, it makes everything difficult for the person because you aren't familiar with the land terrine and you may hardly get help from anyone if you are not prepared before going to such country.

The one way I would say that one should try and tackle this is by planning for just about anything, should the accident occur, you wouldn't be taken unawares in terms of having funds to take care of yourself.

fishbate
Philippines

Postby fishbate » Sat May 12, 2018 11:28 am

That would be unfortunate, but the best thing to do is get a first aid treatment from the nearest hospital on the country that your in. Once your condition is stable, you should return to your homeland for further examination immediately. Its not that you don't want foreign doctors and staffs attending on your status, but its different when you are on your country because all your resources and needs are there.

Martinsx
Level 1 Member
Level 1 Member
Nigeria

Postby Martinsx » Sun May 13, 2018 4:06 am

Accidents are never something to pray or wish for but the funny thing is that it doesn't take permission to happen. So therefore, if I'm in a foreign country and was unfortunately involved in an accident, I would hope to survive it first and pray to be found by good people who would steal from me.

wallet
Romania

Postby wallet » Wed Jun 27, 2018 6:49 am

An accident is unp[redictible and if this happens I have insurance that covers all the UN states. In a case of a low accident I would give my insurance and see how my car will be repaired, I would wait there for my car to be ok. My actions depend on how bad was the accidents if there were any casualties, etc.

Alexandoy
Level 4 Member
Level 4 Member
Philippines

Postby Alexandoy » Sun May 30, 2021 11:12 pm

An aunt was unfortunate to have a different kind of accident in Rome. Her handbag was snatched while she was in the church patio. She lost everything, money, credit card and documents. She had to borrow money to have her new passport so she can come home. That was a big expense on her part.

Return to “General Questions & Comments”