How to fight homesickness

Share your opinions, questions, concerns, desires, advice or experiences of living and working in another country.
Alexandoy
Level 4 Member
Level 4 Member
Philippines

How to fight homesickness

Postby Alexandoy » Sun Aug 01, 2021 1:24 am

I am discussing this topic because I had experienced being homesick twice - in London and also in the US. Being away from the family during that time with no internet was critical that it can change the decision of the person. In London I spent 4 months and refused to be extended work while in the US I left after finishing my work contract. It is not easy to fight homesickness.

sammyk
Level 1 Member
Level 1 Member
United States of America

Re: How to fight homesickness

Postby sammyk » Sun Aug 15, 2021 9:53 pm

I've never really experienced home sickness when I've been abroad. But I never had to go without internet access and I haven't stayed long than 2 months at a time. I imagine not having internet access would be real difficult.

justin
Level 3 Member
Level 3 Member
Nepal

Postby justin » Wed Aug 18, 2021 12:46 am

I live 250 miles away from home, alone in a rented apartment. I get to meet my parents only once or twice a year. However, I do not get homesick. I do feel lonely sometimes but I am never homesick. I always keep myself busy with so that the memories of my loved ones do not overpower me. If a not working, I am occupied with binge watching my favorite TV shows.

dottie
Level 2 Member
Level 2 Member
Philippines

Postby dottie » Wed Aug 18, 2021 8:29 pm

Well, I think it's simple, just communicate with your relatives more using phone and the internet, I doubt you actually miss the place in the first place.

Return to “Living and working abroad”