Gaining citizenship though international marrying

This is a forum for anyone who has or wants to marry someone outside their country. Post questions or advice or links to important information about the topic.
remnant

Gaining citizenship though international marrying

Postby remnant » Thu Mar 09, 2017 9:50 am

Some countries have laws that allow citizenship to a foreign spouse on condition that he or she it betrothed in the host country. I suppose this is the case in most countries including the US. Some unscrupulous individualss cause this system to access citizenship to foreigners at a fee. Such marriages seem to work due to the excitement and anticipation they entail. However, there is a major pitfall to be cautious because some foreigners tend to have allegiance to their motherland

Heatman
Level 1 Member
Level 1 Member
Nigeria

Re: Gaining citizenship though international marrying

Postby Heatman » Sat Aug 19, 2017 12:08 pm

It's actually a good thing in my point of view. If you want to marry someone who is not of your origin, one should be ever ready to take up citizenship in such country. I believe this allows for cultural mixture and bonding well of the parties involved.

I absolutely have a fliar for foreign mixture, and if things go my way, I might find myself getting tied and married with a foreign women.

Kieranlewix
Zodiac: Virgo
Kenya

Postby Kieranlewix » Thu Oct 05, 2017 4:02 am

Very few people are in fact are for international marriages for some hidden agenda.Many people,I included,just like the idea of having a wife from abroad.Gaining citizenship is just another great perk that comes with the marriage.I also think it is a very good experience for the kids to be part African and part American.Children tend to boast about this kind of things.I do agree with you though.Some people have heinous intentions attached to this beautiful event.International marriages are the best!

wallet
Romania

Postby wallet » Sun Nov 12, 2017 11:49 am

I do know about this practice, it is used even here in Romania, there are individuals who take fees over 1000 euros for this kind of marriage. I don't know how they can do this morally, it is all about gaining money.

Heatman
Level 1 Member
Level 1 Member
Nigeria

Postby Heatman » Fri Dec 22, 2017 3:32 am

This is actually trending lately and I seen people who got a new citizenship from marrying abroad. A very good friend of mine back in the school left for the United States of America immediately after finishing our secondary school. He stayed I think up to 7 years over there and later meet a girl he fell in love with.

He called me and said he was in love and positive its going to lead to something good. I was surprised the day he sent me a text he is getting married and will automatically be a citizen of the United States. I felt so happy for him because it's something to be proud of.

Return to “International Relationships & Marriage”