Online Marriage Proposal

This is a forum for anyone who has or wants to marry someone outside their country. Post questions or advice or links to important information about the topic.
Martinsx
Level 1 Member
Level 1 Member
Nigeria

Re: Online Marriage Proposal

Postby Martinsx » Mon Jan 01, 2018 6:19 am

Henrywrites wrote:In as much as I don't think there is anything wrong with online dating, it is always right to get to know the other person when the news of marriage comes into play. It is not that you did something bad by saying yes to the proposal, but try to create time to visit your fiance and be with he/she for some time in order to look through his behavior before concluding whether the ring should be in your finger or not. The reason I said so is to avoid heartache that might arise in the future from such relationships.

@Henrywrites This is exactly my point, online dating is good no doubt. It makes one feel valued and important because of constant check up with chatting and calling but believe me that not all that glitters are gold. Some people are 100% good with pretence and they play it very good that you would have it almost impossible to find out.

This is why it's important to go spend real personal time with such person, even if he or she was pretending that's the opportunity you have to discover the truth for yourself because he cannot pretend successfully if you are around. There will be room for him or her to slip up and show exactly his or her behavior.

Martinsx
Level 1 Member
Level 1 Member
Nigeria

Postby Martinsx » Mon Jan 01, 2018 6:23 am

Heatman wrote:I would say that online proposal and people actually getting married from meeting through online social media connectivity is a common thing today. Technology improvement have made a lot of things very easy even in human relationship. It has made people feel more comfortable and connected well then ever now.

I would tell you that if you think that you truly love him, why not, Marry him as I believe it would definitely make you happy. Good luck.

@Heatman It's true that our society today is is influenced by social media on several grounds that one can begin to comprehend and marriage, relationship and family aren't left out. Some people have found their missing ribs on social media while others have their hearts and love life shattered by it as well. So therefore, in as much as one feels happy with the current situation of his or her social media life influence, I would advice caution in order to be on the safer side should something go wrong.

Heatman
Level 1 Member
Level 1 Member
Nigeria

Postby Heatman » Fri Jan 12, 2018 8:43 am

Martinsx wrote:
Heatman wrote:I would say that online proposal and people actually getting married from meeting through online social media connectivity is a common thing today. Technology improvement have made a lot of things very easy even in human relationship. It has made people feel more comfortable and connected well then ever now.

I would tell you that if you think that you truly love him, why not, Marry him as I believe it would definitely make you happy. Good luck.

@Heatman It's true that our society today is is influenced by social media on several grounds that one can begin to comprehend and marriage, relationship and family aren't left out. Some people have found their missing ribs on social media while others have their hearts and love life shattered by it as well. So therefore, in as much as one feels happy with the current situation of his or her social media life influence, I would advice caution in order to be on the safer side should something go wrong.

The truth is that our girls are more material minded lately and as a result of this, they are easily impressed with the fake life most people portray online thinking it is how everything works. Most of these people parading themselves online are scammers in one way or another looking for the slightest opportunity to take advantage of gullible ones.

I have seen some duped of millions of cash in online link up, so it's not wise to be chasing things without thinking with a clear head. Those that fall prey in such situations are always heartbroken at the end of the ordeal.

to7update
Portugal

Postby to7update » Sat Feb 10, 2018 6:33 am

I think it's risk to propose marriage online. I mean, marrying is committing to someone for life, so doing it online, without even seeing the person, that doesn't make sense to me. It might work out though!

gibbs
Kenya

Postby gibbs » Sun Mar 04, 2018 2:28 am

What?? I have never heard of online proposal in my entire life. Were you skyping when he asked you to marry him? I don't know, this is on a another level of crazy. I'm just saying.

Martinsx
Level 1 Member
Level 1 Member
Nigeria

Postby Martinsx » Tue Mar 20, 2018 4:29 am

to7update wrote:I think it's risk to propose marriage online. I mean, marrying is committing to someone for life, so doing it online, without even seeing the person, that doesn't make sense to me. It might work out though!

This is exactly how I feel about having to use online platforms as a source for seeking marriage, there is a very good chance that things wouldn't work out as it presented itself to be looking at the person's online profile.

It's good to point out that the rate of increase in cyber crime is beyond imagination now, so there is a very huge risk of falling into the hands of scammers all the name of marriage. I'm of the opinion that this act shouldn't be encouraged at all.

Emmaz
Nigeria

Postby Emmaz » Tue Mar 20, 2018 5:08 am

First and foremost, I would say that I'm glad getting to hear that you got engaged to someone whom you meet online, it's actually a trend in what is happening in our world today ever since the world became a global village. People get to connect and communicate with others that are miles away either through voice calls, video calls and chats.

But my advice to you is to thread with caution when it comes to getting married to someone that you meet online because it's not all of them are honest and genuine people. Some people have hidden evil agenda but mask it with marriage proposal to get close to their prey and deal with them. So my dear, it's very important that you apply caution in dealing with anyone who you meet online and he proposed to you.

wallet
Romania

Postby wallet » Tue Mar 20, 2018 9:41 am

I think you should meet him in person first, try to have a real relationship before you decide if you will accept or not. I think you took a decision in a hurry even if you know him online for three years you may have surprises when you meet him in person. You may consider him your fiance if you want but I still think you should meet him first.

Emmaz
Nigeria

Postby Emmaz » Wed Mar 21, 2018 4:48 am

wallet wrote:I think you should meet him in person first, try to have a real relationship before you decide if you will accept or not. I think you took a decision in a hurry even if you know him online for three years you may have surprises when you meet him in person. You may consider him your fiance if you want but I still think you should meet him first.

I think I completely agree with you about this @wallet, in as much as it's possible to see the person everyday on social media either through profile pictures, chat, calls and video calls, it's still very important to have a physical relationship with the person to be able to understand the individual more better. A lot of attitudes and characters are hidden online but when you interact with the person in person, you will definitely find out a thing or two about the person which you can't possibly discover from just online relationships.

to7update
Portugal

Postby to7update » Wed Apr 25, 2018 6:15 am

Online dating platforms are the best to meet someone, and just by the speech we know if we get along or not; at the same time, we need to meet in person to see if the chemistry in person also happens.

Return to “International Relationships & Marriage”